Monday, January 25, 2010

Fear of Public Speaking

The fear of public speaking to - is much more common than you suspect. My daughter, in fact, a student at a school whose last class was requested public space. She was so eager for an audience, he called and said, "Maybe I have to break the school, I can simply not the father . Speaking in public makes me physically ill. "

I spent hours on the phone with her for several months to help overcome these fears, as best I could;and by the end of the semester, he called and said, "Dad, now I have my last speech, and everyone told me, even my teachers, what have I done a good job, I know. what?" "What?" I asked. "I like to talk about food," which, what was his last speech is to eat - to be healthy, instead of "packaging" in the stomach.

Fear of public speaking? Gone. It was as if he had said, because the fear ever.

ThisIncident is still so real in my head, as was the day that I saw when I was eleventh graders. Faculty of Public Speaking. We have to give one of three to five minutes talking about ourselves. They were OK, nothing moved, and then Byron R. 's turn. Since that spring day in April, I heard many speeches, but I've never seen anyone as nervous as Byron, which was surprising for us because it is one of the boys of the school hard, so we thought.

The timeByron had finished, he had literally torn strip after strip of notes, which had brought the front of the class and eating strip of tape. As he concluded his speech with his digestive system was busy trying to digest the words on paper. Of course, with each strip, tore out the padding, put in his mouth and swallowed Byron was more confused because they had tried, was to read his speech, and of course the words were disappearing, and he expired at the end, nothingread. I regret to say, none of us were able to contain our laughter, to see to go to school, though hard on the torments of the provision of two words "few" satisfied with himself was, frankly. He did not seem hard from the moment they slipped back into place.

On another occasion, after a couple of years I was a member of a club, public space taken during the week. We have a lot of time on the night of the themes of our annual party for spouses and friends, we wantedinvitation. Final discussion of what would be served drinks. Coffee, of course, was on the agenda and why it took more than half an hour just for the coffee I'm saying, because that's what happened to discuss one of those unforgettable images in my head thanks to Mr. . O. etched

For almost fifteen minutes, gave an impassioned speech why we need to take special coffee urinals instead of the polls, and yes, our budget was tight, but he felt so strongly that we neededsplurge and hire urinals coffee, which were good, we laugh so much, we let him go on and on about urinals coffee must be longer than decency permitted. My ribs hurt for a week, and we're lucky, nobody was laughing so hard, the ambulance had to be called by his cart in the emergency room of a nearby hospital.

You have probably heard many times, but no more than one line to say again? A number of studies have shown that some people are afraid of the publicspeaking more than death, a fact which I doubt, but to say what the studies. Do you think that the feeling of how the dead speaking in public, when a relative of a certain psychic radio or television are contacted and must prove, even if on the first head of a national mental Reply to this audience live?

My speech professor, Mr. sheet, we used to talk about what he calls "the difficult period of change." What is not easyProbably will not start because, like learning, bike or car, you drive through the "difficult period of change" before the asset becomes second nature and you hand the "old" they have.

What helped me to shake my nervousness was awarded a certificate from Dale Carnegie, the effect was that the old days, when the messages of telegrams have been people who have received the telegram far more interested in the message as the boydelivered. In other words, you get your ideas about yourself and your message, underlined and you will see a speech is not about you.

About you, but I can tell you that, as an audience we want to succeed. This terribly embarrassing moments when you shake in your face is red, do not know what they are familiar with the hands, is uncomfortable, we have a difficult time watching suffering. They have, in fact, distract us from whatYou have to say and gave a speech about himself, and that always makes an audience feel uncomfortable.

Here are some tips to speak publicly, and some of the many that I have collected over the years. Basically there are four parts of a speech:

Introduction. Should be the public face and has to be adapted to each group, is not the same in different cities that you mentioned. Your task is to create interest from the beginningYour audience will want what you're listening to say. Your opening remarks may help to achieve a common ground with them and, hopefully, their good graces.

Their specific purpose statement - short, sweet, short, is the sign of the road that your audience is what this speech, and because it gives says. As support beams of a house, his declaration for the specific purposes must be firmly planted and is a logical basis to the central structureor body of your speech coming too. Their specific purpose statement is "a bridge from the heart of your purpose to build on the small island in the 'public interest', as one writer once said.

The body of your speech - it organizes your examples, quotes, facts and statistics to answer you want. The body is when you have the points and evidence, while ensuring that all contact and move and connect to the conclusionComment.

The conclusion of his speech is, I believe, one of its strategic elements. When treated well and will be remembered, leave the audience with a lasting effect. The conclusion of his speech is not synonymous with the fact that you stopped talking. Here your task is to package and sell your presentation with a conclusion, as an archer, the arrow is transmitted directly to the center of the goal he or she tries, this center for the publicInterests.

I do not know who first said it, but I'm sure that my former college language teacher read this somewhere before communicating their wisdom to his first class, public speaking and the statement reads as follows:

Public speakers are characterized by well-known inputs and outputs!

Tags : Curling Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment